Home Energy Assessments
Discounted Home Energy Assessments for Colwood Residents
A home energy assessment helps you make informed decisions about energy saving upgrades and provides access to thousands of dollars in home upgrade incentives.
Colwood homes are eligible for a $50 discount on a pre-retrofit home energy assessment.
A typical home energy assessment costs $150 + tax for each of two assessments. Other charges may apply. Ask your Certified Energy Advisor.
Book a Home Energy Assessment
To book a home energy assessment, contact your choice of energy advisor from the list below.
Let them know you live in Colwood and would like to claim your Solar Colwood discount.
|Certified Energy Advisors|
|Building Insight, Victoria||250-812-9965
|City Green, Victoriaemail@example.com|
|Total Home Solutions, Victoriafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Verdatech Energy Management and Consulting, Victoriaemail@example.com|
|Hometech Energy Solutions Inc., Nanaimo||1 firstname.lastname@example.org|
This list of energy advisors is provided for your convenience only. The City of Colwood and the Solar Colwood Delivery Team do not endorse the services of any contractor or products or accept liability for the participant's selection of materials, products, contractors or for their related performance or workmanship.
About Home Energy Assessments
When making energy upgrades to your home, it is important to consider how one upgrade will impact the rest of your home. For example, if you limit air leakage, will you need more controlled ventilation? If you add insulation, could you install a smaller heating system? Looking at your home in this holistic way is called the "house as a system" approach and is critical to ensuring a healthy home environment.
Solar Colwood wants you to make informed decisions about your home energy upgrades. Therefore, Solar Colwood is offering a $50 discount off the energy assessments performed by Certified Energy Advisors trained by Service Organizations licenced through Natural Resources Canada.
By completing a home energy assessment you also become eligible for Solar Colwood incentives solar hot water and ductless split heat pumps and for EXTRA LiveSmart BC grants for these systems as well as other grants for windows, doors, heating, ventilation, insulation and more.
A Home Energy Assessment includes:
- An on-site home energy efficiency by a Certified Energy Advisor
- A customized Energy Efficiency Evaluation Report
- A blower door fan test to identify air leakage zones in the home
- Access to Solar Colwood financial incentives and financial incentives from LiveSmart BC.
- Identification of all the potential energy efficiency upgrade opportunities for your home – including solar hot water, ductless split and other air source heat pumps, windows, doors, heating, ventilation, insulation, and air sealing.
- Expert advice on solutions for high energy bills, drafts, moulds, stuffiness, outside noise
- An EnerGuide Rating for the home (a number between 1 and 100, where the higher the number, the more energy efficient the home)