Financing Options for Energy Saving Retrofits
Install Energy Saving Retrofits Now and Pay Later
Increasing the energy efficiency of your home or business is an excellent long-term investment, and incentives from Solar Colwood, LiveSmart BC and ecoENERGY can dramatically reduce the installation costs.
But what if you donít have any money at the moment? No worries, there are several financing options which means that YOU DONíT NEED ANY CASH UPFRONT and you can PAY BACK OVER TIME while enjoying lower energy costs.
Below are some financing options to consider. You can also ask your financial institution or installer for financing packages for your upgrades.
- Power Smart Home Loan Program - BC Hydro
For electrically heated homes in Colwood for upgrades to insulation, air sealing, heat pumps (central and ductless) and solar hot water
- Bright Ideas Loan - Vancity
Vancity offers a long-term, low interest loan for home renovations
- Bright Ideas Loan - Pacific Solar Smart Homes
offers loan or lease arrangements for solar systems only
Why Energy Retrofits are a Good Investment
- Immediately lower your energy bills now and into the future
- Protect yourself against rising fuel prices
- Increase building resale value
- Gain access to currently available grants and incentives that significantly lower up-front costs
- Experience a high return on investment
- Improve the comfort of your living and work spaces
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Be part of the cleantech future
Solar Colwood discounts reduce the cost of eligible systems when the installation contract with a Registered Installer is signed. The Solar Colwood incentive is paid up-front, lowering your initial payment.
Then, your Certified Energy Advisor will complete the paper work on your behalf for the LiveSmart BC and ecoENERGY rebates which will be mailed to you from the provincial and federal governments, respectively.
Several options are available for financing energy conservation upgrades to your home or business and the installation of renewable clean energy technologies such as solar hot water or ductless split heat pump heating and air conditioning units.